Marbella Club Reopens
The Marbella Club Hotel · Golf Resort & Spa will come alive again on 2nd July, 2020 and we can’t wait to welcome back all of our guests.
As you plan for your stay or outing with us, here are a several FAQs that will be helpful so that you feel at ease at all times.
WHEN WILL THE MARBELLA CLUB REOPEN?
The Marbella Club will reopen on 2nd July, 2020 at a limited capacity:
Restaurants & Bars: Winter Garden, MC Beach, The Grill, Summer Bar, Beach Club (bar and sunbeds only), Garden Pool Bar
Facilities: Kids Club (half-day only), Thalasso Pool, Marbella Club Golf Resort and Equestrian Centre, Puente Romano Tennis Club
Please note that we will welcome guests for lunch at our seaside chiringuito, MC Beach, from 18th of June.
To see our updated opening hours and to make a reservation, please have a look at our website.
WHAT WILL MY STAY LOOK LIKE?
Our priority when implementing the health and safety protocols is, of course, the well-being of our guests and staff. Equally as important, however, is ensuring that this reimagined experience remains true to our service style and, ultimately, feels authentic and enjoyable.
The Marbella Club is shaped like an open-air boutique resort similar to an Andalusian village with 50,000 square metres of sub-tropical gardens just a stone’s throw from the sea. Our light-filled guest rooms, suites, bungalows and villas are dotted throughout, allowing our guests to be safe and feel nurtured among loved ones.
Our enhanced safety and cleanliness measures are listed below. We’re happy to answer any further questions you may have when considering a stay with us.
WHAT IS YOUR APPROACH TO SAFETY AND CLEANLINESS?
The heads of each operational department have worked alongside industry authorities following the standards outlined by governmental bodies to implement a strict protocol:
Guest & Employee Safety and Comfort
- We have teamed up with local private medical expert Helicópteros Sanitarios to provide required Covid testing prior to reopening for all active employees, as well as repeat testing every four days. Additionally, all employees will have their temperature checked before commencing their shift. Guests will haver their temperature checked on arrival.
- The Marbella Club has an in-residence doctor offering complimentary health checks 24-hours for any guests or employees who may feel unwell or experience virus-related symptoms.
- Our guests will be provided with welcome safety hampers including masks, hand sanitiser and disinfecting wipes, with additional safety equipment available upon request and in all public areas. Similarly, our employees will use protective equipment when required by law.
- The Marbella Club WhatsApp messaging service and App Chat will be active at all times to provide real-time, contactless interaction for any guest request.
Enhanced Cleaning & Sanitation
- Our staff will be required to undergo Covid-focused training ensuring guests are welcomed with the Marbella Club standard of service while following necessary health and safety protocols at all times.
- Rooms will be disinfected daily with EPA-approved products including Ozone sanitation devices by the Housekeeping staff, who will wear the required protective equipment. There will be a 24-hour disinfection period between check-ins for any given room.
- Our buggies will be thoroughly disinfected before and after every use. Should our bellboy be required to handle luggage, it will be disinfected before and after its handling.
- Our sunbeds will be strictly reserved for one guest per day and disinfected daily before and after every use.
- We will increase the frequency of property-wide cleaning, placing extra focus on high-touch surfaces including public areas, the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and areas restricted to employees.
Social Distancing & Contact-free Measures
- To ensure social distancing is respected, our guests will notice that the layouts of our restaurants will be altered, offering two seating times to ensure we can accept all guests wishing to eat and drink with us.
All of our cooks will wear protective gear when cooking and plating, and all dishes will be individually served using a Cloche food cover for contactless delivery. Waiters will be required to keep a safe distance from guests.
Guests will be able to view restaurant menus on iPad tablets, properly disinfected in front of the guest before and after each use.
- The sunbeds at the Beach Club, MC Beach and the Garden Pool will be safely spaced to ensure social distancing.
- Contactless payment options will be encouraged and available at all restaurant and bars.
- Our guest rooms, suites, bungalows and villas will be removed of all reusable print material. Our in-room Cardola system will allow guests to view restaurant menus and order Room Service.
- For any guests preferring to eat and drink in the comfort of their rooms, we will enhance our Room Service menus to include any dish from our restaurants during their opening hours. Additionally, the Room Service fee will be waived. Room Service orders and guest requests will be delivered to the door.
- Capacity in our buggies will be limited to those staying in the same room. A safe distance will be required between our bellboys and our guests.
- Social distancing will be required during deliveries to our warehouse.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I BEGIN TO FEEL UNSAFE DURING MY STAY?
If you or your family members feel unwell or experience virus-related symptoms, please contact Reception immediately. We count on an in-residence doctor available 24-hours to aid our guests and count on an emergency contingency plan.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION AND CHANGE POLICY?
We understand that your holiday may be on stand-by or that you may need further information before deciding to travel.
We have implemented a stress-free, flexible cancellation policy to help you navigate these uncertain times. We will waive the cancellation and change fee for most of our rooms and suites 24 hours prior to arrival until the end of 2020.
WHO CAN I SPEAK WITH TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY EXISTING RESERVATION OR ABOUT A POTENTIAL STAY?
Count Rudi Turns 90
The Marbella Club and wider community raises a glass to the hotel's first general manager, Count Rudi von Schönburg, a key figure in developing the highest standards of hospitality.
Stuart Cantor Returns to the Marbella Club
Meet Stuart Cantor, Melbourne-based photographer whose signature style portrays the timeless glamour of the Mediterranean’s most elegant beach playgrounds.
Love Brand & Co x Marbella Club
After several years having British swimwear brand, Love Brand & Co, graze the racks at our beach boutiques, it was only natural that we'd join forces to add yet another layer to our seahorse rewilding project.
Summer at the Marbella Club
From vibrant pop-ups to beachside facelifts of beloved classics, the Marbella Club summer promises to be a good one.
We partner with local marine wildlife conservation association, Aula del Mar, to spearhead a four-year-long seahorse rewilding project.
Marbella Club Anniversary Trivia
So you think you know the Marbella Club? Throughout its now 68-year-old illustrious history, the Marbella Club has been host to dozens of memories and events that haven’t exactly made headlines but are, nonetheless, interesting tidbits in our timeline.
Dip inside our joyful living Q&A with Ivana Gligoric, PhD.s, our in-residence advisor on self-awareness and powerful transformational change.
A Lesson Of Life, An Interview With Count Rudi
Rudolf Graf von Schönburg, popularly known as Count Rudi, is one of the key figures in the history of Marbella Club Hotel and the town of Marbella.
The Marbella Club Boutique
Just a short walk from Reception and with enviable views of the Mediterranean Sea, is our Boutique.
Celebrate The Wedding Of Your Dreams At Marbella Club Hotel
If there is one event which marks a true milestone in your life for its significance and symbolism, a day for all your dreams to be fulfilled and for true happiness to reign free...
Our Private Botanical Gardens In Marbella
How many luxury resorts – even in Spain – can say they have such an extensive gallery of flowers? Exotic leaves of every shape and size and richly perfumed double-size blooms...
El Lodge, Our Cosy Chalet In The Sierra Nevada Mountains
Here in Marbella, we love our balmy winter days and bright blue skies! But, at El Lodge (our recently opened chalet in Sierra Nevada), we couldn’t wait for cooler temperatures...
Nearly every turn at the resort is met with an unforgettable scent, a mix of orange blossom, jasmine, salt and aromatic herbs. Thanks to the more than 320 varieties of plants...
Beyond Tailor-made Interiors: Femont Galvan Designers
Femont Galvan Designers are the most sophisticated bespoke interior experts in Marbella. For almost 20 years they have developed an extensive international portfolio...
DIY: Exfoliating Facial
As lockdown restrictions begin to loosen, we’re slowly thinking again about putting our best foot (or in this case – face) forward.
Spruce Up Your Water
Drinking the recommended two litres of water per day can get, well, boring. There, we said it.
The Sounds of (Part 1)
Just like looking at old photographs, there’s something about music’s ability to trigger the deepest of emotions...
Earth Day 2020: Climate Action
On Earth Day 2020, the Marbella Club’s head of sustainability projects, Leigh Barrett, shares a personal reflection on what nature is so vividly trying to tell us...