DIY: Exfoliating Facial
As lockdown restrictions begin to loosen, we’re slowly thinking again about putting our best foot (or in this case – face) forward. The Marbella Club‘s naturopathic facialist, Monica, suggests an easy, DIY facial particularly helpful for oily or acne-prone skin for adolescents. Time to exfoliate!
- To prep: clean your face with your usual make-up remover or dab a few drops of extra virgin olive oil with cotton pads to soften the skin.
- For the cleansing exfoliator, mix a teaspoon of coconut oil or any other high grade vegetable oil and a half-teaspoon of bicarbonate. Apply on your face and gently massage in circles throughout the face, neck and upper chest for a few minutes. Remove with warm water.
- As an alternative to the above, you can also exfoliate with used coffee grounds. Either of these exfoliations should only be done once a week.
- Make a chamomile infusion and let cool.
- For the mask, cook 2 garlic cloves in a cup of water and bring to a boil. Remove the cloves and infuse a bag of green tea for 5 minutes. Drain the infusion and add a tablespoon of oat flour or oatmeal. Let sit for a few minutes, then drain the excess water until a paste is formed. Spread on the face, neck and chest.
- Dip cotton pads in the previously cooled chamomile infusion and place on your eyes.
- Sit back for 15 minutes and listen to our ‘Sounds Of’ lists!
- Remove the mask with warm water and finish with a gentle face massage using a few drops of hydrating extra virgin olive oil.
Count Rudi Turns 90
The Marbella Club and wider community raises a glass to the hotel's first general manager, Count Rudi von Schönburg, a key figure in developing the highest standards of hospitality.
Stuart Cantor Returns to the Marbella Club
Meet Stuart Cantor, Melbourne-based photographer whose signature style portrays the timeless glamour of the Mediterranean’s most elegant beach playgrounds.
Love Brand & Co x Marbella Club
After several years having British swimwear brand, Love Brand & Co, graze the racks at our beach boutiques, it was only natural that we'd join forces to add yet another layer to our seahorse rewilding project.
Summer at the Marbella Club
From vibrant pop-ups to beachside facelifts of beloved classics, the Marbella Club summer promises to be a good one.
We partner with local marine wildlife conservation association, Aula del Mar, to spearhead a four-year-long seahorse rewilding project.
Marbella Club Anniversary Trivia
So you think you know the Marbella Club? Throughout its now 68-year-old illustrious history, the Marbella Club has been host to dozens of memories and events that haven’t exactly made headlines but are, nonetheless, interesting tidbits in our timeline.
Dip inside our joyful living Q&A with Ivana Gligoric, PhD.s, our in-residence advisor on self-awareness and powerful transformational change.
A Lesson Of Life, An Interview With Count Rudi
Rudolf Graf von Schönburg, popularly known as Count Rudi, is one of the key figures in the history of Marbella Club Hotel and the town of Marbella.
The Marbella Club Boutique
Just a short walk from Reception and with enviable views of the Mediterranean Sea, is our Boutique.
Celebrate The Wedding Of Your Dreams At Marbella Club Hotel
If there is one event which marks a true milestone in your life for its significance and symbolism, a day for all your dreams to be fulfilled and for true happiness to reign free...
Our Private Botanical Gardens In Marbella
How many luxury resorts – even in Spain – can say they have such an extensive gallery of flowers? Exotic leaves of every shape and size and richly perfumed double-size blooms...
El Lodge, Our Cosy Chalet In The Sierra Nevada Mountains
Here in Marbella, we love our balmy winter days and bright blue skies! But, at El Lodge (our recently opened chalet in Sierra Nevada), we couldn’t wait for cooler temperatures...
Nearly every turn at the resort is met with an unforgettable scent, a mix of orange blossom, jasmine, salt and aromatic herbs. Thanks to the more than 320 varieties of plants...
Beyond Tailor-made Interiors: Femont Galvan Designers
Femont Galvan Designers are the most sophisticated bespoke interior experts in Marbella. For almost 20 years they have developed an extensive international portfolio...
Spruce Up Your Water
Drinking the recommended two litres of water per day can get, well, boring. There, we said it.
The Sounds of (Part 1)
Just like looking at old photographs, there’s something about music’s ability to trigger the deepest of emotions...
Earth Day 2020: Climate Action
On Earth Day 2020, the Marbella Club’s head of sustainability projects, Leigh Barrett, shares a personal reflection on what nature is so vividly trying to tell us...